The internet can be used by many different people in many different ways. It has the potential to provide entertainment, the ability to communicate, provide business and education. As it is often used on a daily basis and so freely, its power of communication online is sometimes underestimated. Social networking and email sites provide communication with friends, family and even colleagues/tutors. This communication can be there to provide relationships and entertainment but also is used as a means for tutors and students to discuss issues without having to take the time out to meet. Both email and social networking sites have functions by which attachments such as videos, photos, education documents can be sent between many people to.
I find social networking sites such as Facebook a brilliant way to communicate with friends and old friends which perhaps I wouldn’t if the site wasn’t available. I have also used it before to arrange meetings for group work at university and keep in touch with members. Email is another way of online communication which I use a lot, mainly for academic purposes and to attach files as it is easy to use and enables problems in work to be solves without a formal meeting. The internet and the means it provides to communicate I find are quick, easy and eliminates some of the nerves or formalness which might occur in face to face communication.
Thursday, 22 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RINCY!
ReplyDelete