Goebbel’s views today might be hard to understand by the current Nation. Radio has so many stations nowadays and is perhaps just seen as a form of entertainment and distraction whilst being in the home or travelling somewhere. Therefore if the radio has been used for this purpose by a lot of people then there might be question to whether people want the Radio to perform any other tasks. His views might affect some and evoke thoughts of what more could the radio do for the nation, however today in a proposed time of hectic lives and jobs will people ignore his views and simply want the radio as a form of escapism?
I think the radio is good for reaching a mass amount of people on there preferred level. It has the ability to perform many functions of entertaining, distraction, delivering news on lives events and politics and can be chose to be listened to when the person wants and for however long they want. Goebbel's views have made me think if the radio could be doing more for me though than just entertaining because of the power it manage to reach for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with your last comment. I think that the radio should be doing more. I know they have like tried to make it more modern in bringing out the DAB digital radio thing, but i still think that is not enough.
ReplyDeleteRINCY!
ReplyDeleteIn response to what Hannah has already said, the Digital Radio didnt seem to hit it off as much as hoped I dont think. I still think Television will always be bigger than Radio, and now we have the Internet the radio may phase out!
ReplyDeleteyeah, thats true hannaht...at the time radio would have seemed like such a big deal, but nowadays there are much more exciting things, like digital tv,mp3s etc for society to be excited about.
ReplyDelete