Thursday, 19 March 2009

Week 9, The oldest native

The oldest digital native I know is my Dad. It might help that he did teach I.T but he knows so much more about computers and the internet then me, I always go to him to fix my computer, or ring him up when I have put yet another virus on it. I would say I am a digital native, but just because he s older doesn’t suggest that he is an immigrant, like Prensky suggested when he stated that Today’s adolescent is a native in a digital world to which adults can only hope to immigrate (2001). I don’t think my dad is immigrating, he was there before me and is still teaching me. He also has facebook! I know many of our parents are now getting it. Also it’s not just the internet which he is ‘up-to-date’ with, although he doesn’t like to admit it and makes up that his ‘new’ phones are for ‘practical’ reasons they always manage to be the newest one out at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment