What will a technophile be like and what will they love in 2020... i had never really thought about what the world would be like in 2020. I suppose i assumed it would just stay the same, which is silly as the world has changed so much from 'the olden days', therefore isn't it likely to keep changing? With technology being the centre of a lot of things today and as i said in previous blogs it being such an important part of uni, i can only assume people will be working to improve it and come up with new inventions. Who knows what a mobile will do in so many years! or will we even still have mobiles? will some new gadget replace it. I think i technophile will have a great experience in 2020, lectures and seminars could mostly become online, social networking could go to new extremes, laptops will have so many more functions and probably end up being handheld. Mind you isn’t a hand held laptop at the moment just a mobile phone.
I think because i am still shocked at some of the things technology and phones especially can do i can't imagine the future! On the other hand…. What if everyone got so bored of technology and it became unreliable and faulty all the time, could time just stand still and there be no improvements by 2020. Could we even go back to old ways? I’m not sure.
Thursday, 19 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Like you Kerry, I find this task a really difficult one. If 20 years ago somebody predicted how different the world would be today, I'm sure people wouldn't believe them. Your point about relying on technology is interesting, that if it's faulty what could happen. I find today that if my internet stops working I'm at a loss with what to do! I don't really know what new technologies could appear, it feels like there's nothing new to develop. Do you agree?
ReplyDeletei'm the same, as sad as it sounds i'm quite shocked and fascinated at what technology can do already! so its hard to think of what else? Apart from roberts and things like that. I find it hard to imagine, however do you think 'back in the days' people couldnt dream of anything else that would be invented as well? or do you think they new technology could be invented? they might be the same as us! Dont know any different, so can't see anything else happening. I do wonder though if instead of tech increasing, we might just stop or go back, if it starts to become faulty and unreliable then could be go back to old methods... or is there just no chance of this happening?
ReplyDelete